Friday, July 2, 2010

Elvis wept

Where I work, there's a thirty-foot image of Elvis in all his gold-suited glory hanging in the lobby of our record store. You know you're not in Kansas anymore. We like the place. It's called Mugwumps, & no, I don't know why it's called Mugwumps. We're currently under owner number 5 0r 6, & they don't know why it's called Mugwumps either. They just know we showed a nice profit last year, & that's all that matters. We're the last of the indy record stores in Memphis. Welcome to my world.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Art this is Frank from And your bird can swing! I cannot e-mail you directly so I have to leave a message here. If you like you can do 1 of 2 things about series of what we listened to when we were 14. #1 e-mail me your choice and give me a paragraph or 2 about your choice at ithinkiknowofthee@yahoo.com or............... #2 simply write your text in my Humble Pie post and I will copy it and then delete it. Sorry to leave it here, but I dunno how else to contact you.

    Best,
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Hey Sudz! This is Captain Spaulding here - my email is fucked suddenly, so get in touch via my blog profile! Dewd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey bud,
    What happened? I tried to send ya some mail last night, but it kept getting kicked back to me. Which blog profile should I use?
    We've got tornado watches going on today so I may have to shut the computer off for a spell, but I'll check back here asap.
    Later,
    The other bud...

    ReplyDelete